About the Role:
Accountable for producing consistent and accurate cost estimates for projects and coordinating the estimating process. On a day-to-day basis, you will lead the preparation of estimates, co-ordinate procurement inquiries and perform a leadership role in estimate reviews. Create and follow up new opportunities.
- Lead estimator on tenders – compile and prepare first principles, resource-based cost estimates with fully resourced programs using company supported estimating programmes;
- Lead, mentor, Develop support and co-ordinate the team;
- Read and understand private and government specifications, drawings and designs;
- Use value engineering principles and innovation to optimize bids;
- Compile and produce take-offs for individual trades bill of quantities, produce project budgets and cost plans;
- Participate in pre-contract negotiations and tender reviews with senior management;
- Reviewing documents, undertaking site investigations and understanding customer needs;
- Working with clients, engineers and project managers to develop programs and scopes of work;
- Teach junior team members estimating principles.
- Enthusiasm to expand and build a business;
- Circa 5+ years’ experience estimating (and winning!) civil engineering projects locally or looking to put experience as a Project Engineer or Project Manager on-site to use in the pre-contract phase;
- Organised and systematic with strong attention to detail – likes to get things right;
- Enjoys contributing to and being part of a team – builds relationships;
- Friendly and responsive with ‘can do’ / ‘problem solver’ approach;
- Inquisitive – looks for new approaches, methods, materials, equipment;
- Energy and drive are givens.
Benefits of working at BildCivil part of the BildGroup:
- Job Security– Longevity with a large pipeline of work
- Salary– Attractive remuneration (paid weekly) package commensurate with expertise
- Career Development– Regular and ongoing personal and professional development and training – part of working for BildGroup
- Environment– Being a member of the friendly and open team that values work-life balance with free on-site car parking
BildCivil specialises in civil infrastructure works, road rehabilitation, with varied clients from developers, Governments and builders. We pride ourselves on our diverse range of services within the civil infrastructure sector. Drawing on over 30 years of industry experience we’ve built an exceptional team and have a reputation within the industry for delivering superior results that exceed expectations every time. As we continue to grow our 400+ staff are using the most innovative ways to improve the experience for our customers.